What is there to
Do in Agadir and Taghazout?
Ofcourse, the #1 reason to visit the Agadir region is the beautiful coastline with many great surf spots for beginner, intermediate and advanced surfers. But what if you want to take a break from surfing? From sandboarding in the near desert, to paragliding, to a visit to the hamam: there are a lot of fun things to do near Agadir and Taghazout. Keep reading to check out some of our popular day trips.
Tip: if you book your surfing holiday with KosaSurf Morocco, we are more than happy to help you find qualified local guides for a reasonable price!
Best Things to Do in Agadir in 2023
Agadir is a modern coastal town in the South of Morocco. As it is not yet discovered by mass tourism, you will find fewer tourists and cheaper prices compared to Marrakech or Casablanca. However, you will still find a large choice of things to do. Are you looking for adventure, culture or good food? Here are some of the best things to do in Agadir.
- Paragliding in Agadir. Do you want to feel like you’re flying? There is no better location for paragliding than at one of the beautiful beaches along the coastline of Agadir. There are various spots where you can enjoy 20 minutes of paragliding in Agadir.
- Visit the Souk el Had. The Souk el Had is one of the largest markets in all of Morocco. This local market is a feast for all your senses: try the local fruits, smell the unique spices, and gaze at the colorful ropes.
- Take a cooking class. Are you loving the Tagines and couscous as much as we are? How cool would it be if you can learn to make your own traditional Moroccan food! You can take cooking classes at various places around Agadir.
Best Things to Do in Taghazout in 2023
Once a fishing village, now the most popular surf spot in all of Morocco. But Taghazout holds more than just surfing. With mountains, beaches and deserts all within a few hours driving, there are plenty of fun things to do in Taghazout.
- Sandboarding in the desert. The ultimate sense of freedom: sliding face-first down the sand dunes on a sandboard! Although Taghazout is located a bit too far from the real Sahara desert, you can still experience the feeling in one of the smaller deserts in the region.
- Horse riding in Taghazout. Calm down your mind and take in the beautiful view of the ocean as you ride on a horseback down the coastline. You can also choose to do camel riding for an even more unique experience.
- Visit Paradise Valley. Paradise Valley is a beautiful natural park in the Atlas mountains, a few hours east of Agadir. It is the perfect destination for everyone who wants to combine a short hike with a fresh dive into the clear waters.
Best Things to Do in Tamraght in 2023
As Tamraght is a lot smaller than Taghazout and Agadir, the sleepy fishing town may not be the first that comes to mind when you think of fun things to do in Morocco. However, Tamraght offers plenty of fun day trips. Here are some of our favorite things to do in Tamraght in 2023 – apart from surfing ofcourse.
- Take a day trip to Essaouira. Essaouira is a beautiful city located 150 km north of Tamraght. Admire the old citadel and get a taste of the local fishing market.
- Start the day off right with a yoga session. Did you know that our surf school offers not only surf lessons, but yoga sessions as well? Warm up your muscles before you hit the sea with one of our sunrise yoga sessions!
- Try out one of the local restaurants. As Tamraght is not yet discovered by most tourists, the town offers plenty of local restaurants, where you can try delicious fresh fish for friendly prices. Tip: take a stroll down the center and try one of the places where the locals eat!
When you are enjoying your surfing holiday at KosaSurf, you can easily book your favorite activities and day trips for a good price. We know the best and most trustworthy local guides and tour operators and we are happy to connect you!